Today began mostly better than yesterday. Rhonda left us all yesterday for her trip to Canada, and the boys decided that they weren't in the mood for obeying most of the day. Thus a fun night sleeping on the pullout couch turned into straight to bed at 8:30PM, and I think I was the most bummed of all with that!
But like I mentioned, today has been better. We cleaned up the disaster that struck the basement, had some scrambled eggs for breakfast, and then went to work on the pushcart. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of building the pushcart, as I was working on it with the boys, but I did get some pics of the final creation in use, as well as some videos.
Side Note - the video clips at the bottom of the screen are from our YouTube page, in case you want to check out some of the fun we've had this summer!
At any rate, when we had it built we took it out to our front sidewalk to test it out. The results were that the boys find steering much harder when you have to do it with your feet and a rope, and I think were a bit nervous to be riding the contraption! They each took a turn, and the big two went down one after the other with scraped and bleeding knees and elbow (Sol). So after about 20 minutes of practice we headed into the house for bandaids and some rest time! I'll drop some pics and try to embed a video of one of the crashes...
1 comment:
We saw a design to make something like this in a book that our boys have called "Dangerous Book For Boys." Could that be where you got the idea or was it somewhere else? Anyway, looks like a worthwhile project. We all enjoyed seeing what you made. That's great that you were able to plan to do that while Rhonda was away. Hope the rest of your time without her goes well!
Julie, for all the Joneses
Post a Comment