Monday, October 20, 2008

The "Lady" Speaks--2, 4, 6, 8...


(You know the rest, right?) ...who do we appreciate? Our boys really love to say/sing that when people ask how old our little men are. This year (until Sol turns 9 in March) they are indeed 2, 4, 6, and 8. So, today my 6 year old was helping with dinner and was counting by 2's the enchiladas in the pan and then busted into song/chant with the 2, 4, 6, 8 bit. No, the helping with dinner and counting by 2's is not the highlight of the story...it's coming. After the who do we appreciate part he looks at me and said "I appreciate you mom." What?! Did one of my kids really say that to me?! I was fully prepared to never hear that until one of them became a father and then only maybe. God is awesome to give me that little gift today. It may be the only time I hear it but even though no one else was around it DID really happen! :-) So those of you out there who are getting pooped on, peed on, spit on, puked on throughout your days (I think I've escaped the spit one in the past few days but that is the ONLY one) and getting no thank yous in return, your little people do love you for it and maybe, just maybe you will be blessed enough to hear it from them one day. Keep up the good work mommies--they are so worth it.

I'm including a snuggle picture from a few months ago...

3 comments:

Blessed Mama said...

You go, blogging mommy! :) I got peed on just tonight, in fact. I was holding a naked baby running the bath water, probably not a good idea. Then I went to WalMart like that. I get classier and classier... Thanks for the post!

The Bailey Crew said...

awww - what a perfect way to start out a week!!! you are a very lucky mom, that is if you can stop the song - hehehe!

Michelle said...

That's sweet.