Grandma Bailey decided to make her grandbabies robes for Christmas last year. But after picking out fabric and cutting them all out and starting the big project of sewing 7 little robes, her sewing machine broke. SO, while we were there for Christmas she showed me the beginnings and then said she'd get them to us later. I knew that the boys would love them and I was excited that they would have such a special gift from Grandma. Unfortunately, they didn't quite get finished as her health was declining in her final months here on earth. So, Carrie and I took the robes home with the intent of finishing them for our kiddos--they must have their robes from Grandma we thought. Then this week I was thinking about if they would have already had their robes and if Grandma was still here we would have shared with her the picture and told her how excited they were to wear their "Grandma Robes" to CBS so I knew I had to sew like a madwoman to get them done in time. So they don't just look so very cute in their robes but they feel so very special in them because they know the love of the story behind them. We know that Grandma Bailey lived for moments like cuddling her grandbabies in soft fleece robes and we miss her dearly.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Grandma Robes
Grandma Bailey decided to make her grandbabies robes for Christmas last year. But after picking out fabric and cutting them all out and starting the big project of sewing 7 little robes, her sewing machine broke. SO, while we were there for Christmas she showed me the beginnings and then said she'd get them to us later. I knew that the boys would love them and I was excited that they would have such a special gift from Grandma. Unfortunately, they didn't quite get finished as her health was declining in her final months here on earth. So, Carrie and I took the robes home with the intent of finishing them for our kiddos--they must have their robes from Grandma we thought. Then this week I was thinking about if they would have already had their robes and if Grandma was still here we would have shared with her the picture and told her how excited they were to wear their "Grandma Robes" to CBS so I knew I had to sew like a madwoman to get them done in time. So they don't just look so very cute in their robes but they feel so very special in them because they know the love of the story behind them. We know that Grandma Bailey lived for moments like cuddling her grandbabies in soft fleece robes and we miss her dearly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I bet that would mean alot to Grandma Bailey!! :)
That is really sweet. They DO look adorable and it so great that you made sure to finish those since she began them. Really neat. Thanks for sharing!
Julie
What a neat story! I bet she was honored to have a great daughter-in-law who would finish the task! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment