So we have a new floor, or maybe I should say "almost have a new floor." Last night Bruce and Jake came over to help us get the floor started, and then today Bobby, a friend who works at another school, came to help out. After he left today we had about 3/4 of the floor done, lacking only 6 or so rows in the dining room/living room and 4 feet or so of hallway. It's coming together, and we're on pace to be able to move in next Saturday! We're pretty excited, the floor looks really nice and with more walls painted the entire house is starting to look more like a home...
Another friend, of whom I got no pictures since I was working inside, Kenny, came and cleared a bunch of brush (probably some poison ivy too, good thing he's not allergic) for us for several hours in the rain! The place looks a lot better and we're now able to get at more of the yard!
Thank God for good family and friends who've really helped us out during this needy time in our lives - we feel like we've been living off the compassion of others for the last few months! Moving Day is next Saturday, if you want to help!




2 comments:
This is exciting! I love that I can "see" your house this time. I never did see your other one. I like the way you've opened it up to rooms that are open to each other. I can't wait to see it all done. Wish we could come help next Saturday!
Julie
Awesome! It looks gorgeous! I'm praying the move goes well! How exciting for you all! ;-)
Post a Comment