Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Houses and Patrick Swayze

How do you not take a look at a posting with a title like that? We're busy settling into our new house, currently trying to get everything clean, like windows, screens, etc. and hanging blinds - After we paint the bathrooms the upstairs of the house will be basically finished! And those new blinds Rhonda got yesterday are great, probably the easiest blinds I've hung ever! When we get our base trim ready we'll be that much more settled... Hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon to show where we're living to those of you far away!
Last fall, or winter maybe, Patrick Swayze did an interview with Barbara Walters about his battle with Pancreatic Cancer. I remember mom calling to tell us about it, and Rhonda and I watched it in St. Louis while she and dad watched it in Regina. Our conversations after focused on two things really - his desire to fight the disease, and a lack of apparent understanding of God. It made us both sad to hear him face such an immense challenge without God as his peace and comfort and strength. Perhaps he did have a relationship with Jesus and just didn't share it, I don't know, but I hope so. Pancreatic Cancer took his life a couple of days ago, and it made me sad to hear that news again...

No comments: