My dad has his own email address now. It's his first email address, and I'm not sure he's going to do a lot of responding, but it's a way that I can tell him things in the medium that I'm most used to using, I do it everyday many times. You see, my mom was always the one to email me at work and tell me to have a good day, or just let me know that she was thinking of me. She always loved to keep in touch on the computer, as her facebook page full of friends attests to.But my dad has been right there all the time, mostly in phone conversations since we live so far apart, and always checks in to give me the score on the recent Roughriders game or talk about the Cardinals with me. My dad, my two oldest boys, and I all went to a Cardinals game late in that fateful season when they went all the way, and it is a great memory we have together.
So you know the end of this post, mom is in heaven now and we can't have those emails or phone calls anymore. I miss her so much. But my dad is here, and even through his pain, which is huge and unbearable, he's now got an email account so that he can "pick up the slack." Thanks dad, I love you so much. Mom would be proud, even if you never learn to type!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment