Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grandpa's in a better place

We are saying "see you later" to Rhonda's Grandpa Claude Petrov this week, as he left a tired and broken body here on earth for a perfect Heavenly body and eternity with Jesus on Monday morning.  He was ready to go, life wasn't easy the last several years, but we will all still miss him.  When I was talking with Grandma Toni last night we talked about how it's still hard to say goodbye, even when we know we'll see him again.  I, for one, am very excited about that, as my boys and I (Dustin) never got to know the Grandpa who had energy, loved to work on trees and take his own boys waterskiing, and preached the gospel unceasingly.  
My  mom and I were talking the other day about how we both think that when we get to heaven we'll wonder why we were hanging onto life so dearly here on earth, the change will be so dramatic and incredible.  I guess we'd all want to rush this life to get there, and so God chose to leave much of it a mystery to us, and perhaps it's better that way.  
Either way, Grandpa will be missed and we're all looking forward to Heaven even a bit more...



1 comment:

davesonya said...

thanks for posting the great pictures.
those who knew him remember his heart, his faith, oh & that piece of paper in his suitcoat pocket for the sunday announcements.
love
~