Sunday, March 28, 2010

Some yard work

So it's time to be out doing yard work again, and tomorrow was the latest in a series of days where I've been working in the yard. I've spent probably 15-20 hours sawing up and chopping the approximately 8 large trees (some larger than others) that the builders of our home bulldozed to the side when they cleared land for the house. I have a pretty good sized pile of split wood for next winter's heating season, and once I get done with the trees we dropped yesterday (10 on purpose, 11 if you count the one that came over with one of them!) It's sure a lot of work, but we believe we'll love the woodburning stove in the winter! Rhonda's dad Paul came over, as did her mom Sharon, and we worked hard all day taking out multiple trees to make the hard safer for the boys to play in. The yard will be in good shape in a couple of years, but until then we'll be slaving away in the good weather to get it there:)

3 comments:

Rick Arthur said...

That was totally awesome!!!

The Bailey Crew said...

that part of it actually looks like a lot of fun!!! too bad you couldn't sign up the boys to start sawing and chopping . . . but i'm sure that's in their future :)

Peter Jones said...

I love it! I'll have to show my boys. Your boys were so adorable here!
Julie