So yes, I work in a public school, and no, we're not supposed to bring up religious things at school, but somehow the four or five boys in my office got into a huge discussion about whether Jesus is God, or God's Son. It went something like this:
"Dude, Jesus and God is the same thing, dummy."
"No way, Jesus is God's son, how can he be God too!?"
"It's like ice and water, you know, when ice melts it's water."
At which point I mention that the Trinity is really a complex union of the Godhead, and that we can't be expected to truly understand it while here on earth. However, the conversation went on with some of my coworkers today, and one of them sent out a text asking the same question, is Jesus God, the son of God, or both.
Overwhelmingly the results came back "both." I still can't really explain it well to my students however...
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just wanted to let you know I checked out your blog...
We can't wait to see you're new house. Glad things are going well.
We miss you guys.
Josh
Post a Comment